“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”
-2 Timothy 1:7
I've been using this verse for motivation the past few years. My life has been exciting - to say the least! To get a small glimpse of that excitement, below is the last year and a half of my life in a nutshell.
- Gotten engaged
- Graduated college (I am yet another graduate from Anderson University currently working at Fishhook!)
- Started working at my first “big girl” job doing corporate marketing
- Married the love of my life
- Moved into our first apartment (in Anderson)
- Walked with my husband as he began his work in ministry
- Moved into our second apartment (in Indianapolis - who doesn’t like a change in scenery?!)
- Began this wonderful journey at Fishhook
- I think there were a few holidays, some birthdays celebrated, and a couple vacations in there too.
Phew! God has immensely blessed me and I could not be happier.
I live with my husband, Evan, on the south side of Indianapolis. We can usually be found hanging out with our crazy, wonderful family. It’s like having 25 built-in best friends!
When we aren’t spending time with family, my husband and I like to go downtown, play euchre, and buy loud and obnoxious gifts for our niece and nephew.
I am a perpetual sports fan - mostly football and basketball. My sister plays basketball at Indiana State University, and we love traveling to Terre Haute to watch her.
Now some people often think and even ask, “Aimee, you're tall, didn’t you play sports growing up?” The answer to that would be an embarrassing "no." I would rather skip up and down the basketball court than actually play the game. There is probably video documentation of this from my childhood somewhere.
To me, life is about love and adventure! It’s about accepting who you are and what God wants to do with your life.
I am so thankful for this new adventure at Fishhook. My position - as an Online Engagement Strategist - is a new one at Fishhook, and I’m excited to dive in. (Water pun definitely intended!)
We'll have much more to tell you about online engagement and how God is calling our team to support our clients in new ways. I hope to meet and work with you soon!
Director of Marketing