As a Graphic Designer at Fishhook, you're a strategic thinker and creative problem solver, eager to help churches and Ministries gain momentum through clear, creative and compelling communications.
Graphic Designers collaborate with others to solve design problems and meet project requirements through the use of type, color, space and imagery. A Fishhook designer is ready to listen and engage with clients, understand who they are, understand what they need, and meet those needs through the development of creative, visual solutions.
- 3 to 4 years (or more) of graphic design experience
- Experience in branding, print and web design
- Expertise in Adobe Creative software; specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience with UI/prototyping software (Sketch, InVision and/or Adobe XD)
- Strong working knowledge of design principles, typography, and web design best practices
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to see projects from conceptual stage through to implementation
- Ability to work within established guidelines
- Ability to provide quick turnaround when necessary
- Strong relational and communication skills; this includes the ability to present work confidently and give clear rationale for design decisions, ability to offer insight and answer questions to build understanding with our team and with church/ministry clients
- Relational, team player; ability to collaborate with others positively and effectively
- Ability to bring creative, artistic direction to projects while being flexible and open to critique
- Ability to put the client's goals and strategic needs ahead of personal aesthetic preferences
- Clear sense of integrity, work ethic and a sincere interest in building strong, positive relationships based upon competency and trust
- Openness to growth and a humility to learn from and connect with others
- Would be excited and eager to live out the Fishhook external and internal values
- Is nurturing and growing in his or her Christian faith
This opportunity is for a part-time or full-time position (25-35 hours/week) with some flexibility and is located in Indianapolis, Ind., with some travel required - occasionally overnight. We can settle in on the specific number of hours each week and related details based on the needs of an applicant.
What you can expect from us
- The opportunity to use your talents for a mission and work that has a purpose.
- A flexible work environment that promotes creativity and openness.
- Collaboration with fellow designers and team members.
- Fun! We’ve got a good mixture of buffoonery and hard work!
- A Christ-centered environment, with respect for you as a person first, employee second. You’ll be expected to work diligently, but encouraged to value time with family, church and others.
- Good pay and time off.