Full Job Description
*Scroll to the bottom of the page for application
The Project Manager's leadership makes a huge impact in our work. You help keep us organized and communicate with our clients about key next steps and details.
In summary, we are looking for:
- A collaborative team player who thrives at planning with others, sees the big picture that our clients are striving for, and then wants to organize the details with our team and clients.
- Someone who loves to listen and then interpret what they hear as they document, repurpose and/or help develop content for a variety of uses or tools.
- A person who enjoys connecting and developing relationships with our churches (clients) and our team.
- Someone in the Indianapolis/Central Indiana area who wants full-time work (30-40 hours per week). *We will also consider candidates looking for remote work.
Note: In the midst of the pandemic, we have been doing much of our work remotely, having meetings through Zoom and are supportive of safe, healthy work settings long term.
For more information about this position and our Fishhook team:
We’re a creative communications team based in Indianapolis, Indiana. We’ve been helping churches innovate, create and communicate for 18 years. We’re strategists, designers, developers, project managers, writers, spouses, parents, friends, thinkers, tinkerers and whole people. We fully believe in the local church.
Our clients include small, rural churches and multisite megachurches (and everything in between). We have many clients located throughout Indiana, the Midwest and across the nation. We’re inspired and energized by looking for possibilities in every person, church and circumstance.
Responsibilities of this position
- Collaborate closely with and work alongside Account Directors, the Creative Director and other Fishhook team members to support the work we are doing with each client.
- Serve as one of the key contacts between Fishhook and our clients while working to encourage, support and be in relationship with them.
- Support our work with clients by managing important details and tactical applications. This work might include:
- Overseeing the progress/steps for a branding project, custom or template website project or digital campaign
- Prepping for a meeting (developing the agenda, discussion points, etc.)
- Taking notes and documenting steps or requests throughout a meeting
- Following up with a client about what is needed next
- Providing updates about our work to clients and our team
- Or organizing information in Basecamp (our primary project management tool), Airtable or other tools.
- Help others at Fishhook document, repurpose and/or develop content for a variety of uses or tools. This might be content for a client’s overall messaging, website, social media posts, etc.
- Coordinate with other Fishhook team members, vendors and project partners to meet deadlines, track budgets and evaluate impact.
- Be a leader within your role, meeting and engaging with our clients and our team as we learn and grow together.
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and clients
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with clients and other partners/vendors
- Experience with writing, editing and curating or repurposing content
- Experience working with a team of visual designers and web developers
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Comfortable with leading small group meetings and/or planning sessions
- Clear sense of integrity, work ethic and a sincere interest in building relationships
- Experience in a church setting - either serving or attending - with an understanding of culture, leadership structures, congregations, as well as comfort and interest in attending a wide variety of worship services.
About the Hours, Location and Culture
We anticipate that this is a 30-40 hours per week position. We want to work with a strong candidate to determine what number of hours works best for their situation.
Especially in the midst of the COVID pandemic, this position allows for remote work, and the majority of meetings with clients and our team are happening via Zoom as of the first half of 2021.
The position is located in Indianapolis. In a post-COVID situation, some travel might be required for client meetings, with a couple overnight trips taken each year. Trips usually include great food and a fun detour.
Our team culture enjoys a flexible work environment and encourages everyone to create a daily rhythm that helps them do great work. You’re a person first, employee second. Work diligently, but make space for valuable time with family, friends, your church and community.
Coming out of the COVID pandemic, we have office days (2-3 days/week) where everyone is in the office - this includes important face-to-face time and impromptu conversations about life and our work. Most of our team typically works from home or coffee shops the other days of the week.
Snacks (a.k.a. "bonus food") is an unofficial core value. We work hard and love some buffoonery. Our office suite is located within a collaborative coworking community made up of people and organizations that are committed to making positive, life-changing impact.
We offer professional salaries and paid time off is provided. You’ll also receive a monthly cell phone stipend and other benefits.