Dirty Jobs: When Leadership Gets Messy
Sometimes, the job of leading others or serving on a team feels like you’ve landed in a pile of ... problems. One day, everything is clean and easy, and the next, you’re faced with unexpected staff changes, congregational unrest, public crisis, angry volunteers and worse. Drawing on his own experiences and years of interacting with church leaders, Evan McBroom will share tips to help you navigate the messy times and communicate clearly, decisively and strategically - in ways that honor both God and people.
Session discussion includes:
- The importance of stepping back, assessing and the out-of-body experience
- One powerful phrase that could transform your leadership
- Thinking about your audience
- Spin won’t win - Don’t be excited when others are hurting
- When you should save the Oreos®