As a Graphic Designer at Fishhook, you're a strategic problem solver, eager to help our clients gain momentum through clear, creative and compelling communications.
Graphic Designers collaborate with clients and fellow Fishhook team members/designers to solve design problems and meet project requirements through the use of type, color, space and imagery. This person must be capable of listening to clients, understanding what they need, and meeting those needs through the development of creative, visual solutions.
- At least two years of graphic design experience
- A strong portfolio displaying a wide variety of work, specifically branding and web design
- Expertise in Adobe Creative software, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong working knowledge of design principles, typography, and web design best practices
- Strong organization and project-management skills; attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and proactively on projects
- Ability to see projects through from conceptual stage to implementation
- Ability to work within established parameters
- Ability to provide quick turnaround when necessary
- Strong communication skills; ability to present work well and give clear rationale for design decisions
- Relational, team player; ability to collaborate with others positively and effectively
- Ability to bring creative, artistic direction to projects while maintaining flexibility and openness to critique
- Ability to put the client's goals and strategic planning needs ahead of personal aesthetic preferences
- Clear sense of integrity, work ethic and a sincere interest in building strong relationships based upon competency and trust
- Experience in a church setting - either serving or attending - with an understanding of culture, leadership structures, congregations, as well as comfort and interest in attending a wide variety of worship services
This opportunity is for a full-time position and is located in Indianapolis, IN, with some travel required - occasionally overnight and weekends. This position reports to the lead graphic designer.
What you can expect from us
- Opportunities to use your skill and expertise for meaningful, fulfilling work.
- Flexible hours and a cozy, homey work environment that promotes creativity and openness.
- Collaboration and camaraderie with fellow designers and team members.
- A family-first, work-second philosophy. You’ll be expected to work hard but encouraged to protect your personal time with family and others.
- Compensation that takes your education, experience and skills into account and benefits offerings that continue to grow along with the company and our team.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Awesome co-workers.