As a Videographer at Fishhook, you're a creative-minded editor and producer eager to help our team and our clients gain momentum through clear, creative and compelling stories.
- Creative direction, pre-production, shooting, production and editing of videos for Fishhook and our clients.
- Collaborate with the Fishhook team to produce videos for online training and our web series, ‘Hooked.
- Listen to and collaborate with clients to produce clear and creative sermon bumpers, testimonials, event promotions, cultural/mission-driven videos, etc.
- Determine necessary production equipment. Operate and maintain proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment.
- Transport, set-up, and operate various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting, props, and microphones and assist with staging and set preparation.
- 1 to 5 years of video experience
- A strong portfolio displaying a wide variety of video work (submit portfolio and/or personal website, with samples of your work, upon applying)
- Expertise in video production skills, including video, audio and lighting
- Understanding of a wide variety of editing softwares
- Must have strong creative and production skills, as well as expert storytelling skills
- Able to color correct footage as needed
- Understanding of how to optimize social media (especially YouTube) using video
- Strong organization and project-management skills; attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work within established guidelines
- Relational, team player, ability to collaborate with others positively and effectively
- Ability to put the client's goals and strategic planning needs ahead of personal aesthetic preferences
- Clear sense of integrity, work ethic and a sincere interest in building strong relationships based upon competency and trust
- Experience in a church setting - either serving or attending - with an understanding of culture, leadership structures, congregations, as well as comfort and interest in attending a wide variety of worship services
- Motion graphic design a plus
- Photography a plus
This is a part-time or dedicated freelance position and will include approximately 15-20 hours per week. This opportunity is located in Indianapolis, IN, with some travel - occasionally overnight.
What you can expect from us
- Opportunities to use your skill and expertise for meaningful, fulfilling work.
- Flexible hours and a cozy, homey work environment that promotes creativity and openness.
- Collaboration and camaraderie with team members.
- A family-first, work-second philosophy. You’ll be expected to work hard but encouraged to protect your personal time with family and others.
- Compensation that takes your education, experience and skills into account and benefit offerings that continue to grow along with the company and our team.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Awesome co-workers.
Learn more about our team, our work and our values below.