Full Job Description
Job Title: Visual Designer (Full-Time)
Location: Indianapolis, IN Preferred
(100% remote possible for the right candidate)
Deadline: Would like all applications submitted by Friday, June 9, 2023
About the Role
We are seeking a talented and passionate Visual Designer with at least five years of experience to join our team. As a vital part of our creative team, you'll report directly to our Art Director, working collaboratively to turn vision into reality. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to listen empathetically and translate client needs into visual solutions, focusing on developing brands/visual identities and websites. This individual should be a design strategist and creative problem solver.
This individual will enjoy connecting with our clients, building relationships with churches and working closely with our team. The right candidate will preferably be based in the Indianapolis/Central Indiana area with occasional travel required for client meetings or team gatherings. Remote candidates will be considered, and we are open to accommodating completely remote work for the right person.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Work closely with clients to understand their needs, goals and preferences, ensuring that design deliverables align with their vision and objectives.
- Collaborate with our creative team to conceptualize and create visually compelling content for our clients, including branding/identities, websites, print materials, social media assets and more.
- Stay current on design trends, tools and best practices, and be prepared to share this knowledge with the team and clients.
- Collaborate with project managers and other team members to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of design projects.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design, visual arts or a related field
- A strong portfolio demonstrating expertise in graphic design, branding and digital media.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop, as well as at least one of the following prototyping software: Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD. Familiarity with G Suite (Google Docs, Slides and Sheets) is also required.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively articulate design concepts and ideas.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Passion for helping churches effectively communicate their messages and values.
Bonus Points (Experience in any of the following areas is a plus):
- Experience in a church setting - either on staff or attending/serving - with an understanding of culture, leadership structures and congregations
- Animation/motion design
- User experience design, prototyping and wireframes
What You'll Love About Us
- Professional compensation and benefits package
(The average salary for this position varies based on education, experience, skills and abilities.)
- Planning for the future: Simple IRA with company matching up to 3%
- Flexible vacation and paid-time off
- A supportive work environment that values creativity, collaboration and personal growth
- The opportunity to work on meaningful projects directly impacting the local church community.
- Hybrid work environment (if you live in Central Indiana). We work in-office on Mondays and Wednesdays and from home or our favorite coffee shop the other days.
- Our team culture enjoys a flexible work environment and encourages everyone to create a daily rhythm that helps them do great work. You’re a person first, an employee second. We work diligently but make space for valuable time with family, friends, our churches and the community.
Fishhook is a creative communications team based in Indianapolis, Indiana, with over 20 years of experience helping churches innovate, create and communicate. Our clients range from small, rural churches to multisite megachurches, located throughout Indiana, the Midwest and across the nation. We’re strategists, developers, designers, project managers, writers, spouses, parents, friends, thinkers, tinkerers and whole people, united in our passion to support the local church.