We love volunteers! They are the backbone of many churches and we're so grateful for the ways they help you share the love of Christ with others!
One of the best ways to thank them, celebrate their stories and invite others to serve is through a Volunteer Spotlight!
Here are a few ideas for how you can spotlight your volunteers:
- Spotlight a volunteer on Facebook and Instagram using photos or video. Think succinct, interesting and shareable!
- Write blog posts that highlight your volunteers, sharing compelling stories of the ways they serve.
- Feature a volunteer in your church's weekly email or monthly newsletter, so you regularly put an emphasis on the importance of volunteering at your church.
- Have a space in your church building dedicated to the impact of volunteers. This space should be highly visual with photos, videos and stories.
Use this Volunteer Spotlight Form to get to know them, gather stories and share their heart for volunteering.
Here are five tips for your next Volunteer Spotlight:
- Automate this process to make gathering this information as streamlined as possible. You can use survey tools like Formstack or SurveyMonkey. Or you can create a Google Form.
- Give your volunteers a deadline when filling out the questions, so you get the content by the time you need it.
- Gather many submissions at a time, so you have a stockpile to choose from.
- Request a photo from each person to feature with their Volunteer Spotlight. Headshots are okay, but more compelling photos would be better (such as photos showing the person in action as a volunteer with your church).
- Always include a call-to-action at the end of each Volunteer Spotlight for those interested in learning more about volunteering at your church. The more, the merrier!
A Volunteer Spotlight is just one way to make your volunteers feel special and loved. What's your favorite way to show your appreciation and thank them for all the ways they help your church?
Director of Marketing