August 7, 2017 was a big day at Fishhook. On this day our team launched 'Hooked, a web series that gives an inside, unfiltered, view of life and work on the Fishhook team. As I drove into work, my mind started to wander into the "what-ifs" of this new adventure. And so I prayed ...
Here is our prayer for 'Hooked:
- To glorify God and that He would use it for His mission.
- That He would use it to connect us with churches and organizations who need our help to share the Gospel without barriers.
- That He would use us as an example for non-believers. To show them that a life full of joy is possible through Him.
- That you, the communications directors, pastors,
leadersand volunteers, could use it as a way to take a break from your day. To take a breath. To have a laugh! To help you remember that who you are and the work you do matters.
- To show the church what it could look like to reach out to your community in a new, authentic and vulnerable way. How could a behind-the-scenes series about your church change the way people see you? How could it help remove barriers for the unchurched?
- To shine a light on the significance of church communications.
- And most of all, we pray that He uses 'Hooked in ways we cannot even imagine.
We hope this series paints a picture of our work with churches and that it brings to life the people, personalities,
'Hooked was Evan McBroom's vision. Our team has worked diligently to bring it to fruition. Watching this season has reminded us how grateful we are to be part of this team and this mission. It's kind of like watching home movies!
We are hoping that 'Hooked is fun for our friends and fans. But, even more so, we're hoping it can be a way for us to tell more stories about how God is alive in His church and using His people.
We hope you'll watch this season. We hope you'll have a good laugh at our expense! We hope it validates who you are and the work you do.
Director of Marketing