At the end of August, we created a video contest to help us find a creative, fun and technically-savvy video person to join the Fishhook team. The contest details fell into the hands of a freelance video producer in Chicago ... Carissa!
When the Fishhook team saw Carissa's video we couldn't wait to know more about her! She was voted the winner of the contest and was brought in for an interview. And now, we are so excited to introduce her to all of you as our new Video Production Specialist!
Curious about the video Carissa submitted to win our contest? Check it out below!
Want to learn more about Carissa? Here are her top 10 fun facts:
- I edited an entire short film, got married, turned 22, graduated college and moved to Chicago all within 2 weeks. I could just stop my fun facts list now.
- When I was in high school, my best friend and I loved road tripping to concerts. We became pretty good friends with Andy Grammer and his band. He's a rad guy. I even walked down the aisle to one of his songs at my wedding.
- 80% of conversations between my husband and I are just movie quotes. After our first kiss, I accidentally exclaimed, "No, I said you come 90 and then I come 10! You don't go the whole 100! Albert, my mouth was open!! (Hitch, 2005)." Our relationship survived somehow.
- I started making videos in high school. My home church had me making films to promote Kids Ministry and the youth group for a few years. They even sent me to Africa to film the awesome work they're doing there! It was in Kenya that I got stuck in the first and only cattle jam of my life.
- I'm allergic to cats (like hives and wheezing), but we have two. I've become a priority customer for Benadryl. That's love.
- I have never been able to find my name on a bottle of Coca-Cola and that upsets me.
- My dad is one of the coolest people alive. I realize this fact isn't about me, but that doesn't make it less true.
- As a millennial, I love Netflix. Television shows are my favorite. I'll try any show once.
- I love baseball and the Cubs. My husband was a pitcher in college (89mph) and our cat is named after Theo Epstein (the Cub's GM).
- I've had a crush on Fishhook ever since I was in high school and now I get to work here!
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator:
Introversion - Sensing - Thinking - Judging
Harmony - Adaptability - Individualization - Consistency - Analytical
Want to learn more about the rest of the Fishhook team? Check out our Who We Are page!
Director of Marketing