I never know what my week will hold at Fishhook. Some days are mundane and filled with checking off to-do's. But most are exciting and different. Once, I went from one video call with a client who exclaimed, "This project with you was so awesome! How do we keep the awesomeness alive, Lindsay?" to another video call with a different client who shared, "If we follow this path, Lindsay, I feel I'm losing my religion." (Insert Tom Petty's voice here.)
I can't recommend them enough! Here’s some general info about personal retreats at Shepherd's Gate:
- It's an easy and beautiful one-hour drive from the north side of Indy.
- The guest rooms/baths, home and grounds are immaculate! It beats any Airbnb I've ever stayed in!
- The retreat facility is for adults only.
- When you arrive for your retreat, Chuck and/or Becka will meet with you for a time of encouragement and prayer. The remainder of your retreat, you will be on your own. (Unless you desire to meet daily for times of prayer and encouragement as more of a guided retreat.)
- They also have a downloadable resource, Toolkit for Personal Retreats.
- Breakfast and lunch are self-serve from their stocked guest kitchen (filled with homemade goodies!). Dinner is prepared for you each evening and is a time to meet/eat with the other guests.
- Maximum stay for a personal retreat is 5-6 days; the average stay is 2-3 days, but length of stay is a matter of personal preference and based on their availability.
- No set fee/cost for their personal retreats, but a donation to the ministry is required for your stay, which should be given at the time of your retreat. A large portion of their ministry is funded through the donations of their retreat guests.
- To make a reservation, please email email@example.com. Let her know when and what type (personal or group) retreat you're looking for, and she’ll check their availability.
Lead Communications Strategist