Thanks to all of you who were able to join us for our October webinar! We were so excited to connect with you for our last webinar of 2015! We hope you came away from today's session feeling encouraged and inspired to continue to lead your ministry through seasons of growth and of change.
For those of you who weren't able to make it ...
We were thrilled to have our founder and Chief Culture Officer, Evan McBroom, as our "guest speaker" today!
Here are 8 key points we covered:
- Be careful about "whack-a-moleing" the problems that arise. If you find yourself constantly "whacking" small problem after small problem, consider a new approach.
- Take a retreat: step back, assess what the "big picture" problems are and start there.
- When leadership gets messy, own your part of the problem and your part of the solution. "If a leader can find their connection to the problem, then they can find the fix to the problem."
- The most powerful phrase for transformative leadership is: "Sometimes my job is to disappoint you."
- Murky messaging just makes a mess ... Avoid saying what you're comfortable with. Say what people need to hear.
- Be careful of the vision gap. Remember to give your team, congregation etc. time to process a change that has been on your radar for a long time, but may be new to them.
- Don't give the "Oreo" one-on-one; serve it by the entire bag in a group setting. Always make sure you are clear that this is what's happening. Explain beforehand that you will be talking about something hard but that you want to surround the conversation with a celebration of wins and thankfulness for where you are and where you're going.
- Be intentional about having a leadership mentor!
And here are a few resources to help you continue to combat messy leadership:
- Access to the full on-demand presentation including slides
- "Sounding Board" Session
- Evan, or a Fishhook team member of your choice, will work with you one-on-one to talk about how you can better implement the tips from today into your specific situation. They can also answer any follow-up questions you may have from this webinar, talk about what season your ministry is in and what challenges you are facing. Click above to schedule your $99 session!
- Webinar Worksheet
- Use this worksheet to help process the webinar information and take notes.
We have big things coming in 2016!
We're excited and blessed to have the opportunity to continue offering webinars in 2016. We will be revealing topics soon! Also, be on the lookout for a very special announcement about another 2016 learning and development opportunity!
Click here to join our 2016 training VIP list. You'll receive news, updates and reveals before they go live to the rest of the world!