Thanks to all of you who were able to join us for our September webinar! We had such a great time talking about how to recognize and prevent burnout so that you can fully worship where you work! We hope you came away from yesterday's session with the tools you need to refuel in your workplace and re-engage with your church.
For those of you who weren't able to make it ...
We dove into some very important topics yesterday with our guest presenter Natalie Chandler!Here are a few of the things we talked about:
- It's important to recognize signs of burnout in you and your teammates!
- Extreme fatigue, emptiness and running on empty
- Desire to be isolated and away from co-workers
- Feeling indifferent to the hurts/joys of those around you
- And many more! (check out the webinar on-demand below for the full list)
- It's important to set healthy boundaries at work! Here are 5 tips to help you get started:
- Decide for yourself what your boundaries are.
- Learn to say no and feel okay about it.
- Allow others to do their part.
- Speak the truth in love.
- Remember, people need reminders when it comes to boundaries.
And here are a few resources to help you begin the journey of overcoming burnout and staying healthy in the workplace:
- Access to the full on-demand presentation including slides
- Personal Coaching Session
- I (Communications Strategist, Jamie Shafer) twill work with you one-on-one to talk about how you can better implement the tips from today into your specific situation. I can also answer any follow-up questions you may have from this webinar. Or, if you just want to sit down with someone and talk about struggles you've been having in ministry and unpack some of the things you've been experiencing, I would love to chat with you! Click above to schedule your session!
- How Understanding Your Myers-Briggs Type Can Enhance Your Ministry
- Imagine Hope Counseling Group
- Imagine Hope is where our friend and co-presenter Natalie Chandler works! They offer a variety of counseling programs, including things like faith-based counseling, relationship building and stress management.
For our next webinar, we're talking Dirty Jobs: When Leadership Gets Messy!
Join us for our last webinar of 2015 on October 28! Our founder and Caretaker of Organizational Health, Evan McBroom, is joining us for a conversation about what to do when leadership gets messy.
Sometimes the job of leading others or serving on a team feels like you’ve landed in a pile of ... problems. One day everything is clean and easy and the next you’re faced with unexpected staff changes, congregational unrest, public crisis, angry volunteers and worse. How can the church communication professional and other leaders communicate clearly, decisively and strategically hopefully in ways that honor God and people?
For this webinar we'll be talking about:
- The importance of stepping back, assessing and the out-of-body experience
- Strength in disappointing others
- Think audience
- Spin won’t win - don’t be excited when others are hurting
- Save the Oreos ®
Click below to register for our last FREE webinar of 2015!